Thursday, December 20, 2012

Skinny Baked Potato Soup

I have to start off with saying that this is my favorite soup that I have made this far.  I found the recipe on +Skinnytaste Gina. I made a little bit of change, but her ideas are awesome you need to check them out!  I doubled the recipe so I would have leftovers, and it was such a great idea.  This was definitely one of the easiest potato soups to make, one of the fastest and definitely the best tasting.  I have to say that everyone was hesitant about the cauliflower but NO ONE could taste the difference, so it was better for you as well!

Please feel free to comment I would love to hear feedback!

Ingredients

  • 2 large red potatoes washed (I leave the skin on but feel free to peel them)
  • 1/2 bag of frozen cauliflower
  • 1.5 cups of chicken broth
  • 1.5 cups of non fat milk
  • 2 tsp of salt (or more or less for taste)
  • 1 tsp of pepper (or more for taste)
  • 1/2 cup of light sour cream
  • 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 2 tablespoons of onion powder
  • 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
  • 2 tablespoons of whole wheat flour (I used this to make my soup thicker because I prefer thick soup)
Directions

  1. Pierce potatoes all around with fork and microwave for 5 minutes.  Turn potatoes around and microwave for 2 more minutes or until potatoes are tender.  Cool potatoes.
  2. Place your cauliflower in a microwave safe dish and cook according to package directions.
  3. Once cauliflower is cooked, dice your potatoes and add your cauliflower and potatoes to a large pot.
  4. Add all of your ingredients except the flour and sour cream,  on medium heat bring to a boil
  5. Once boiling get a potato masher, and mash your cauliflower and potatoes till there are no large chunks.
  6. Add your sour cream and cook on low for another 5-10 minutes
  7. If your soup is not thick enough add flour, and let cook till thickened.
  8. Enjoy!
Final Product

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!