This is the perfect recipe if you are in a hurry, or you just do not feel like spending a lot of time in the kitchen.
I decided from here on out I am going to be posting the prep time, cook time, and servings for each recipe. I think this will be helpful for those who look at how long something takes to make, before you actually buy the ingredients for the meal.
Prep time: 20 minutes (I had to cook my chicken first)
Cook time: 8 minutes for each quesidilla
Servings: This recipe was used for 3 quesidillas
Things I would do different: I think next time I may add some onions to the mixture
- 6 tortilla shells
- 1 pound of chicken breasts
- 8 oz of mixed red and green peppers
- 1 15 oz can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1.5 cups of shredded Mexican cheese
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Turn your quesidilla maker on.
- Cut your chicken into bite size pieces, and place in a large pan.
- Add your peppers to the chicken, and sprinkle with garlic powder and onion powder.
- Cook on medium high heat for 15-20 minutes (or until chicken is no longer pink)
- Once chicken is cooked, reduce heat to low and add your black beans.
- Let cook for 5 more minutes and turn off burner.
- Split your mixture into 3 even parts.
- Place your Place one quesidilla on the quesidilla make and place 1/3 of your filling on top of tortilla.
- Sprinkle with cheese, and place other tortilla on top.
- Close quesidilla maker and let cook for 8-10 minutes (until top is golden brown) **if you are not using a quesidilla maker I would cook each side in a well greased pan for about 5 minutes on each side**
- Serve with salsa and sour cream