Thursday, April 4, 2013

Black Bean and Chicken Quesidillas

The other night I was looking for a really quick and easy recipe.  I checked my fridge and I had hardly any groceries.  I decided to make quesidillas since they are quick and really easy to make.  These were so simple and only 7 ingredients were used (it doesn't get much better then that.)  My boyfriend did not want black beans in his so he had a pepper and chicken quesidilla which he loved! 

This is the perfect recipe if you are in a hurry, or you just do not feel like spending a lot of time in the kitchen.

I decided from here on out I am going to be posting the prep time, cook time, and servings for each recipe. I think this will be helpful for those who look at how long something takes to make, before you actually buy the ingredients for the meal.

Prep time: 20 minutes (I had to cook my chicken first)
Cook time: 8 minutes for each quesidilla
Servings: This recipe was used for 3 quesidillas
Things I would do different: I think next time I may add some onions to the mixture

Ingredients

  • 6 tortilla shells
  • 1 pound of chicken breasts
  • 8 oz of mixed red and green peppers
  • 1 15 oz can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
  • 1.5 cups of shredded Mexican cheese
  • Garlic powder
  • Onion powder
Directions

  1. Turn your quesidilla maker on.
  2. Cut your chicken into bite size pieces, and place in a large pan.
  3. Add your peppers to the chicken, and sprinkle with garlic powder and onion powder.
  4. Cook on medium high heat for 15-20 minutes (or until chicken is no longer pink)
  5. Once chicken is cooked, reduce heat to low and add your black beans.
  6. Let cook for 5 more minutes and turn off burner.
  7. Split your mixture into 3 even parts.
  8. Place your Place one quesidilla on the quesidilla make and place 1/3 of your filling on top of tortilla.
  9. Sprinkle with cheese, and place other tortilla on top.
  10. Close quesidilla maker and let cook for 8-10 minutes (until top is golden brown) **if you are not using a quesidilla maker I would cook each side in a well greased pan for about 5 minutes on each side**
  11. Serve with salsa and sour cream
Final Product

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!