Monday, April 29, 2013

Pork Chop Casserole

I am definitely not a pork chop lover,  I really don't like pork much at all actually.  I may cook pork about once every couple or months or so, especially if the pork chops are on a good sale.  I have really only made a few pork recipe that I would make again.  My roommate and boyfriend also are not huge fans of pork, so they don't care it is not made a lot. 

When I decided to make this recipe I was really hesitant because I thought the pork would get dried out, and be super chewy. I decided to try it anyway and I am really glad I did.  The pork chops came out tasting absolutely delcious, and they were moist and juicy.  The rice gave it a really nice texture, and it was a very complete and delicious meal ( I served this with asparagus.)  My roommate and boyfriend both agreed this recipe was a keeper, and was one of the best ways they have had pork chops (other than fried.)

Prep time- 5 minutes
Cook time- 1 hour
Serving size- This recipe served 3 people
Things I would do differently-  The only thing I may do different next time is add less water, because the mixture did get very runny, but I liked the gravy-like consistency.
Recipe Adapted from:Key Ingredients

Ingredients
  • 3 pork loins
  • 1/2 cup of flour
  • 3 tablespoons of oil
  • 1 3/4 cup of beef broth
  • 1 10 3/4 can of golden mushroom soup
  • 6 oz of long grain rice
  • 1 cup water (I would omit this if you don't want a runny sauce)
Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Add your flour to a medium size bowl, and coat your pork chops with flour
  3. In a skillet add your oil, and cook pork for 5-6 minutes on each side (until browned.)
  4. In a casserole dish place your beef broth, mushroom soup, rice and water... mix well.
  5. Place your pork chops over rice mixture and cover with aluminum foil 
  6. Bake for 45 minutes or until there is no pink in the middle of pork.
Final Product





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!