Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Sausage Shepherds Pie

My roommate loves Sheppard's  pie, and I really don't make it a lot, so I thought I would try and make a new version and see how it was.  This recipe called for sausage and it gave the meal a really different taste.  This was really easy to make and I would make it again.  This was a very simple recipe, with very few ingredients.  This is a perfect dinner for nights where you are in a rush.

Prep time- 20 minutes
Cook time- 35 minutes
Serving size- This would serve 5-7 people
Things I would do different- Next time I would definitely  use fresh vegetables instead of frozen, and make my own mashed potatoes.

Ingredients

  • 1 pound sausage roll
  • 1 package of instant potatoes
  • 1 10 oz bag of mixed frozen veggies
  • 1 package of beef gravy
  • 1 teaspoon of Worchestire sauce
 Directions
  1.  Preheat oven to 400F. 
  2. In skillet, crumble and cook sausage over medium heat until browned
  3. While sausage is cooking cook your potatoes in another pot.
  4.  In bowl, combine sausage, gravy, vegetables and Worcestershire sauce. 
  5. Place into a greased casserole dish. 
  6. Spread your mashed potatoes into even layer on top.
  7.  Bake for 35-40 minutes or until hot. 
Final Product



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!