Prep time- 30 minutes (boiling the pasta and browning the ground beef)
Cook time- 40 minutes
Servings- There were 5 people over for dinner, everyone had seconds and there were left overs. I would say it makes about 10-12 cups.
Things I would do different- Next time I may add ricotta cheese, instead of the Philadelphia cooking cream, and see if it makes a difference.
Recipe adapted from: Kraft Recipes
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 box of large shell pasta
- 1 24 oz jar of basil and oregano pasta sauce (or your favorite flavor of sauce)
- 1 10 oz tub of Italian Herb Philadelphia Cooking Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of basil
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1.5 cups of Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cook your pasta according to directions
- While pasta is cooking, add your onion powder and brown your ground beef.
- Once meat is browned, drain fat and add your pasta sauce. Let simmer until pasta is cooked.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and return back to pot.
- Add your cooking cream, basil, and Parmesan cheese to your pasta and mix well.
- In a greased casserole dish pour about 1 cup of your meat mixture to the bottom of the dish
- Top sauce with your noodles, and then place the rest of your sauce on top.
- Top with your mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until cheese is completely melted