Thursday, April 11, 2013

White Chicken Chili

I will always remember the first time I had chili.  I was at my aunts neighbors house, and she was having a superbowl party.  Everyone in the house was ranting about this chili someone bought, I thought well why not try it.  I got a small bowl, topped it with sour cream and cheese, and lets just say ever since that day I love chili of all kinds.  One  of the best chilis I ever had was from my friends mom.  They were having a Christmas party at work, and her mom made a huge batch of chili.  My friend bought a bowl home for me, and it was absolutely delicious.  Ever since I had that chili, I have tried to make something similar, and it never was quite right...until this recipe.  I found this recipe on food.com, and it was just what I wanted.

Prep time- 5 minutes
Cook time- 4-5 hours on high (with thawed chicken) 6-8 hours on low

Ingredients

  • 1-1.5 pounds of chicken (you can use frozen or thawed up to you)
  • 1 15 oz can of white kidney beans (drained)
  • 1 15 oz can of chickpeas (drained)
  • 1 15 oz can of corn
  • 1 envelope of taco seasoning
  • 1 4.5 oz can of diced green chiles
  • 1 can of cream of chicken soup
  • 1 14.5 oz can of chicken broth
Directions

  1. In your crock pot place your chicken 
  2. Add the rest of your ingredients
  3. I placed my crockpot on high for about 4.5 hours.  If you have more time I would cook on low for about 6-8 hours.
  4. Serve with cheese and sour cream if you like.
  5. Enjoy!

Final Product

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!