Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sausage and Potato Bake

I recently got a stone from pampered chef, and it is the greatest kitchen invention ever.  It bakes everything perfect and just gives everything the best seasoning.  I have been trying to make as many things as possible in the stone (so I can really get it seasoned.)  I had some smoked sausage in the freezer, and wanted a quick and easy recipe for dinner.  I found this recipe on this awesome blog and decided to give it a try.  It was SO DELICIOUS.  Using the stone made my potatoes super crispy and just the right texture.  My house smelled awesome with the onions and peppers as well.  This would be awesome for breakfast too, I can't wait to make this again!

Prep. time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Total time: 1 hour and 5 minutes
What I would do different: I think that next time I would use red potatoes, because I like the texture of them more, and that would be about it.
Recipe adapted from: Two Peas in Their Pod

Ingredients

  • 1 package of smoked sausage (cut into bite size pieces)
  • 6 potatoes  cut into bite size pieces(I used baking potatoes, but you could use any type)
  • 2 large green peppers, cut into 1 inch slices
  • 1 large onion, cut into 1 inch slices
  • 2 garlic cloves minced
  • 1/4 cup of chicken broth
  • 1 tablespoon of olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon of Italian Seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon of roasted garlic seasoning'
Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  2. Place your cut potatoes into a pot and cover with water, and bring to a boil.
  3. Once boiling reduce heat, and let simmer for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
  4. Mix your cut sausage, peppers, onion,  and garlic in your baking dish.

  1. Once your potatoes are tender, add your chicken broth, Olive oil and seasonings, and mix well. (the potatoes will be mushy but that's how they are supposed to be)
  2. Add your potatoes to your sausage and mix well



  1. Bake for 35-40 minutes until potatoes are crispy.
  2. Enjoy!
 Final Product



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!