Prep. time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Total time: 1 hour and 5 minutes
What I would do different: I think that next time I would use red potatoes, because I like the texture of them more, and that would be about it.
Recipe adapted from: Two Peas in Their Pod
- 1 package of smoked sausage (cut into bite size pieces)
- 6 potatoes cut into bite size pieces(I used baking potatoes, but you could use any type)
- 2 large green peppers, cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 large onion, cut into 1 inch slices
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup of chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of roasted garlic seasoning'
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place your cut potatoes into a pot and cover with water, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling reduce heat, and let simmer for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Mix your cut sausage, peppers, onion, and garlic in your baking dish.
- Once your potatoes are tender, add your chicken broth, Olive oil and seasonings, and mix well. (the potatoes will be mushy but that's how they are supposed to be)
- Add your potatoes to your sausage and mix well
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until potatoes are crispy.