The general tsos chicken is about 4 points for 1/2 cup (It may not seem like a lot but with the rice it was very filling) The fried rice is 4 points for 1 cup of rice.
Prep and cook time: 40 minutes total
Serving: This would serve about 4 people
Things I would different next time: The only thing I would do differently is I would add some chopped onions to the rice.
Recipe adapted from: Rice Weight Watchers Chicken: Food.com
- 3/4 cups of reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons of canola oil
- 2 scallions chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite size pieces)
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 3 large egg whites
- 4 scallions chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 10 baby carrots chopped
- 3/4 cup of frozen peas (thawed)
- 2 cups of instant uncooked brown rice
- 2.5 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce
- In a bowl add your chicken broth, cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and ginger. Whisk together.
- Heat your oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add your scallions, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook for two minutes.
- Add your chicken and cook till your chicken is browned (about 10 minutes)
- Whisk your sauce one more time and add to chicken.
- Cook till sauce thicken (about 2-3 minutes)
- Place a lid to keep chicken warm, and begin your rice.
- Place 2 cups of instant brown rice in a microwave safe bowl,and microwave according to directions.
- In a large greased skillet add your egg whites and cook for about 3-5 minutes until fully cooked and scrambled. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Respray your skillet and add your scallions and garlic, saute for 2 minutes.
- Add your carrots, and peas and saute for 5-10 minutes till carrots are tender.
- Add your rice to the mixture and add your soy sauce.
- Mix well and serve.