Sunday, April 7, 2013

Crockpot Garlic Parmesan Cheese

You ever get in one of those moods where you don't want to cook, but you don't want to spend the money to eat out.  When I get in these moods I love to use my crock pot.  This recipe was so simple, delicious and made my whole house smell so good.  There is a couple things that I would do differently, but I would definitely make this again.

Prep time- 5 minutes
Cook time- 8 hours on low 4 hours on high
Serving- This would serve about 5 people (1 cup servings)
Things I would do different- I think that next time I would cook the rice separately.  The texture was not what I was expecting, it was very good I would just like to see if it made any difference if I cooked the rice separately.
Recipe adapted from: Finding Joy in My Kitchen

Ingredients

  • 1.5 pounds of frozen chicken breasts
  • 1 cup of brown rice
  • 1 14.5 oz can of chicken broth
  • 5 garlic cloves (minced)
  • 4 tablespoons of white wine
  • 1 tablespoon of parsley
  • Cooking spray
  • Parmesan cheese for topping
Directions

  1. Spray your crock pot with cooking spray and place your rice on the bottom of the crock pot
  2. Pour your chicken broth on top of the rice (make sure all of the rice is covered)
  3. Place your chicken on top of rice
  4. In a separate bowl, mix together your white wine, garlic cloves and parsley and pour over chicken
  5. Place your crock pot on low for about 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours
  6. Shred your chicken and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese
  7. Enjoy =)
Final Product



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!