Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Cheesy Hasselback Scalloped Potatoes

I love baked potatoes, and am always looking for ways to spice them up.  My roommate came across a recipe and she told me how to make them and I thought why not give them a try.  I must admit they were harder to make then they looked, also I had to switch up how I did it in the middle because the slice were not working.  Overall though they were really tasty and I would definitely make them again!  I actually made this as a side dish to casserole I made which I will be posting tomorrow which was equally delicious.

Ingredients

  • 3 russet potatoes rinsed
  • 1/2 stick of butter
  • 1 block of sharp cheddar cheese
  • Seasoned basting oil ( I used Wegmans basting oil)
  • Garlic Powder
  • Salt and pepper
Directions
  1.   Cut slices into your potatoes about an inch apart (make sure they are not to close because the ingredients will pop out.  The easiest way to do this is to cut a slice and  then put the ingredient into the slice)
  2. Cut your butter and cheese into small slice and alternate putting cheese then butter into your slice.
  3. Place on baking dish and drizzle with basting oil
  4. Top with salt, garlic powder and pepper to season
  5. Bake at 400 for 45- 60 minutes. For smaller potatoes check oven at 45 minutes.
  6. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
  7. Let melt and serve.

Final Product

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!