Thursday, September 27, 2012

Lazy Casserole

What is better then a meal that you can throw everything in one dish and bake it... nothing if you ask me.  I found the recipe on http://www.kayotic.nl/blog/lazy-sunday-casserole.  I must say this may be one of my favorite things I made.  It was really really easy to make and it was awesome!

Ingredients
  • 1 pound of italian sausage
  • 1.5 pound of potatoes 
  • 1 bag of frozen peppers and onions
  • 2 garlic cloves minced
  • 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 4 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • I forgot to put the carrots in mine but I would put a bag 15 oz bag carrots in as well.
Directions

  1.  Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
  2. Cut your potatoes into fours and cover the bottom of the roasting pan
  3. Place your bag of peppers and onions on top of the potatoes
  4. Mix your chicken broth, Italian seasoning and garlic and pour evenly on top of potatoes
  5. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes
  6. While this is baking lightly brown your sausage and cut in halves (it does not need to be fully cooked)
  7. After 35 minutes take out casserole and place sausage on top
  8. Drizzle your vinegar on top of sausage and place back in oven UNCOVERED
  9. After 15 minutes turn sausage over and place back in oven for 10 more minutes
Final Product

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!