Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Cheesy Pasta Bean Casserole

The other day I really got a craving for some pasta....but I did not want anything with meat in it.  I also wanted some type of recipe that I could have a lot left over to pack for lunch.  I searched for vegetarian casseroles and came across one on about.com.  The perfect way to describe this recipe is spaghetti with a twist.  It has the classic taste of spaghetti but the beans give it an extra kick and make it very tasty!!

Ingredients

  • 1 box of penne pasta
  • 1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes
  • 2 16 oz cans of kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
  • 1 26 oz jar of pasta sauce (I used garden combo)
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  2. Prepare pasta to al dente and drain.
  3. Add your beans, tomatoes and sauce to the pasta.
  4. Transfer to a casserole dish.
  5. Sprinkle your mozzarella cheese on top
  6. Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.

Final Product

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!