I love pasta and tacos, so I though why not do something that has them both! Let me just say it was a pretty great idea. There are a lot of recipes out there for a pasta bake but a lot of them called for a lot of ingredients I did not have so I winged it. I turned out awesome.. my only problem was I used diced tomatoes with habeneros it was a little too spicy for me (but nothing a little sour cream can't fix.)
- 1 Pound of ground beef
- 2 table spoons of onion powder or 1 small onion chopped
- 1 14.5 oz diced tomatoes with jalapeno or habenero peppers depending on how spicy you like it
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 package of shell noodles or your favorite type of noodles
- 2 cups of shredded mexican cheese
- Tortilla shells for topping
- Sour cream for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Brown your ground beef with onion powder on medium high, once browned drain well.
- Add your diced tomatoes and taco seasoning. You may need to add a little water if it gets to thick.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes... while simmering cook your pasta with salt to 1 minute under al dente.
- Once pasta is cooked drain well and add to your meat mixture.
- Add 1 cup of cheese and mix well.
- Add your mixture to a greased casserole dish.
- Spread your remaining cheese and tortilla chips onto top of casserole.
- Turn your oven off and place dish in microwave for 10 minutes
- Let sit for 5 minutes and serve!