Sunday, September 9, 2012

Taco Pasta Bake

I have just activated a follower button on the right hand side of my page.  I am really trying to expand my viewers and would really like to gain some followers.  If you like my blog I would love if you would follow me! I also wanted to let everyone know I am open for suggestions and if there is a recipe that you would like to see I would love to hear from you =)... now on to todays recipe!

I love pasta and tacos, so I though why not do something that has them both! Let me just say it was a pretty great idea.  There are a lot of recipes out there for a pasta bake but a lot of them called for a lot of ingredients I did not have so I winged it.  I turned out awesome.. my only problem was I used diced tomatoes with habeneros it was a little too spicy for me (but nothing a little sour cream can't fix.)

Ingredients

  • 1 Pound of ground beef
  • 2 table spoons of onion powder or 1 small onion chopped
  • 1 14.5 oz diced tomatoes with jalapeno or habenero peppers depending on how spicy you like it
  • 1 package of taco seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon of salt
  • 1 package of shell noodles or your favorite type of noodles
  • 2 cups of shredded mexican cheese
  • Tortilla shells for topping
  • Sour cream for topping
Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees 
  2. Brown your ground beef with onion powder on medium high, once browned drain well.
  3. Add your diced tomatoes and taco seasoning.  You may need to add a little water if it gets to thick.
  4. Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes... while simmering cook your pasta with salt to 1 minute under al dente.
  5.  Once pasta is cooked drain well and add to your meat mixture.
  6. Add 1 cup of cheese and mix well.
  7. Add your mixture to a greased casserole dish.
  8. Spread your remaining cheese and tortilla chips onto top of casserole.
  9. Turn your oven off and place dish in microwave for 10 minutes
  10. Let sit for 5 minutes and serve!

Final Product

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!