Thursday, September 13, 2012

Southwest Bake

Let me just start this post by saying this is definitely one of my favorite things I have made in a LONG time.  There are times where I am just not in the mood for any meat, but finding a recipe that everyone will eat is challenging.  I saw in a magazine for something called southwest baked.  There was a lot of ingredients that I knew people would not like so I changed it up and made it my own and it was SO good.

Ingredients

  • 3/4 cup of rice 
  • 1 and 1/2 cups of boiling water
  • 1 15 oz cans of black beans rinsed and drained
  • 1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes
  • 1 8 oz can of diced green chiles
  • 1 cup of salsa
  • 1 cup non fat sour cream
  • 1/4 block of cheddar cheese cut into cubes
  • 1/4 block of Monterrey jack cut into cubes
Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Boil your water, and once boiling add rice and let sit for about 5 minutes.  I still had a little bit of water left so I drained it.
  3. Dump your rice into a big bowl, add all of your cans, salsa, sour cream and the cheddar cheese to the rice and mix well
  4. Bake for 35 minutes
  5. Remove from oven and top with your monterrey jack cheese and back for about 8 more minutes
  6. Let sit for 5 or more minutes and serve!

Final Product

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!